Last modified: September 13, 2023
This policy applies to information we collect:
- – on our Website (https://www.languagescientific.com);
- – electronic messages between you and our Website.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- – us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by LS or any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries);
- – any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this policy.
What Data We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website (“Personal Data”):
- – by which you may be personally identified, such as name, company name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- – that is about you but individually does not identify you, as further described below;
- 1. about your internet connection,
- 2. the equipment you use to access our Website,
- 3. and usage details.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website is:
- – information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting quotes or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- – records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us via any portion of our website.
The Personal Data we collect from you is required for us to provide you with information or a quote for our products and services. If you refuse to provide such Personal Data or withdraw your consent to our processing of Personal Data, then in some cases we may not be able to provide you the information or a quote you requested.
Information We Collect Through Automated Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. This includes:
- – details of your visits to our Website, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- – Information about your computer and internet connection: your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
How We Collect Your Data
We collect this information:
- – directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- – automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
How We Use Your Data
We use your Personal Data for various purposes described below, including to:
- – provide our Website to you;
- – provide you with information you request from us;
- – notify you about changes;
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- – to present our Website and their contents to you;
- – to provide you with information about products, or services that you request from us;
- – to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- – to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- – in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- – for any other purpose with your consent.
If you register for our newsletter, we may also use your information to provide you with our newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email containing the newsletter or by contacting us at the Contact Information below and request to be removed.
It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- – estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- – store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; and
- – recognize you when you return to our Website.
Sharing Your Data
- – our subsidiaries and our affiliates;
- – to a company that we merge with, acquire, or that acquires us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
- – to comply with our legal obligations;
- – to enforce our rights; and
- – with your consent.
- – to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- – to a potential or actual buyer or other successor in the event of a planned or actual merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Language Scientific, Inc’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Language Scientific, Inc. about our Website’s users is among the assets transferred;
- – to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address when you request further information, we will send that information to you at that email address;
- – for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- – with your consent.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Language Scientific, Inc. maintains reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction in accordance with to Language Scientific’s commitments to the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S. DPF) and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (Swiss-U.S. DPF) and to the rights of EU and UK individuals and Swiss individuals.
Data Privacy Framework
Language Scientific, Inc. has elected to self-certify to the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S. DPF), the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (Swiss-U.S. DPF) and to the rights of EU and UK individuals and Swiss individuals, Language Scientific, Inc. is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
You may have the right to access the Personal Data that we hold about you and to request that we correct, amend, or delete it if it is inaccurate or processed in violation of the Data Privacy Framework. These access rights may not apply in some cases, including where providing access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances or where it would violate the rights of someone other than the individual requesting access. If you would like to request access to, correction, amendment, or deletion of your Personal Data, you can submit a written request to the contact information provided below. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity. In some circumstances we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your information.
In compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF, Language Scientific, Inc. commits to resolve DPF Principles-related complaints about our collection and use of your personal information. EU and UK individuals and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our handling of personal data received in reliance on the EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF should first contact Language Scientific, Inc. using the contact information stated below.
In compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF, Language Scientific, Inc. commits to refer unresolved complaints concerning our handling of personal data received in reliance on the EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the United States, the European Union, the United Kingdom, and/or Switzerland (as applicable)]. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your DPF Principles-related complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your DPF Principles-related complaint to your satisfaction, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/dpf-dispute-resolution for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
You may at any time request removal of information. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your content or personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
You may have certain rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to access and update your Personal Data, restrict how it is used, transfer certain Personal Data to another controller, withdraw your consent at any time, and the right to have us erase certain Personal Data about you. You also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority about our processing of your Personal Data.
Applicable data protection laws may provide you with certain rights with regards to our processing of your Personal Data that you provide us on or through our Website.
- – Access and Update. If you have access to our client portal or vendor portal, you can review and change your Personal Data by notifying us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- – Restrictions. You have the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. In particular, you can request we restrict our use of it if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your Personal Data is determined to be unlawful, or if we no longer need your Personal Data for processing but we have retained it as permitted by law.
- – To the extent the Personal Data you provide LS is processed based on your consent, you have the right to request that we provide you a copy of, or access to, all or part of such Personal Data in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this Personal Data to another controller, when technically feasible.
- – Withdrawal of Consent. To the extent that our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal, and will not affect the lawfulness of our continued processing that is based on any other lawful basis for processing your Personal Data.
- – Right to be Forgotten. You have the right to request that we delete all of your Personal Data. If you have access to the client portal or vendor portal, we cannot delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your user account. We will only delete your Personal Data (and your account, if applicable) when we no longer have a lawful basis for processing your Personal Data or after a final determination that your Personal Data was unlawfully processed. We may not accommodate a request to erase information if we believe the deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In all other cases, we will retain your Personal Data as set forth in this policy. In addition, we cannot completely delete your Personal Data as some data may rest in previous backups. These will be retained for the periods set forth in our disaster recovery policies.
- – You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority in the country you live in, the country you work in, or the country where you believe your rights under applicable data protection laws have been violated. However, before doing so, we request that you contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
Exercising Your Rights
You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us through any of the methods listed under Contact Information below and through the live chat feature of our Website. If you contact us to exercise any of the foregoing rights, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements.
You may direct any questions or complaints about the use or disclosure of your Personal Data to us at through our Privacy Officer, at 101 Station Landing, Suite 500, Medford, MA 02155, USA, PHONE: +1-617-621-0940, Email: PrivacyOfficer@LanguageScientific.com. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints or disputes regarding the use or disclosure of your Personal Data within 45 days of receiving your complaint. For any unresolved complaints, we have agreed to cooperate with JAMS . If you are unsatisfied with the resolution of your complaint, you may contact JAMS at Jara E. Satterthwaite, Esq., JAMS, 3800 Howard Hughes Parkway, 11th Floor, Las Vegas, NV 89169, https://www.jamsadr.com/dpf-dispute-resolution for further information and assistance.
Binding Arbitration. You may have the option to select binding arbitration for the resolution of your complaint under certain circumstances, provided you have taken the following steps: (1) raised your complaint directly with Language Scientific, Inc. and provided us the opportunity to resolve the issue; (2) made use of the independent dispute resolution mechanism identified above; and (3) raised the issue through the relevant data protection authority and allowed the U.S. Department of Commerce an opportunity to resolve the complaint at no cost to you. For more information on binding arbitration, visit here https://www.dataprivacyframework.gov/s/article/ANNEX-I-introduction-dpf?tabset-35584=2.
Your California Privacy Rights
Language Scientific’s products and services are not meant for personal, family, or household use and Language Scientific does not ever disclose your Personal Data to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (California’s “Shine the Light” law) permits users of our Website that are California residents and who provide Personal Data in obtaining products and services for personal, family, or household use to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. Language Scientific never provides your data to third parties for these purposes and will not fulfill requests made under the purview of this law by website users.
Protecting Children’s Privacy Online
Our Website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18. Individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted to use our Website. We will remove any information about a person under the age of 18, if we become aware of it.
We do not knowingly collect data from individuals under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Website nor through any of its features. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from an individual under 18, please contact us through the Contact Information below.
The LS site may use “cookies” in order to provide web content specific to the individual users’ interests or to keep track of online purchasing transactions.
Sensitive personal information is not stored within cookies.
Lawful Basis for Data Collection and Processing
We have a lawful basis for our processing of your Personal Data, including processing for our legitimate interests (when balanced against your rights and freedoms), to fulfill our obligations to you, and required by law, and with your consent.
In some jurisdictions, the processing of your Personal Data is lawful only if it is permitted under the applicable data protection laws. For Personal Data you provide to us in our role as a controller, we have one or more of the following lawful bases for each of our processing activities of your Personal Data:
- – Legitimate Interests. We will process your Personal Data as necessary for our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are balanced against your rights and freedoms and we do not process your Personal Data if your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are to: facilitate communication between LS and you; detect and correct bugs and to improve our Website; safeguard our IT infrastructure and intellectual property; detect and prevent fraud and other crime; promote and market our business; develop our product and services by reviewing how you use our website and the comments you provide us to review and consider suggestions;
- – To Fulfill Our Obligations to You under our Services Agreement. We process your Personal Data in order to fulfill our obligations to you pursuant to our services agreement with you to deliver our goods and services to you;
- – As Required by Law. We may also process your Personal Data when we are required or permitted to by law; to comply with government inspections, audits, and other valid requests from government or other public authorities; to respond to legal process such as subpoenas; or as necessary for us to protect our interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, attacks against our network, or other criminal and tortious activities), defend litigation, and manage complaints or claims.
Do Not Track Signals
We may use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
If you have any questions about this Policy or would like to request access to your Personal Data, please contact us at:
101 Station Landing
Suite 500 Medford, MA 02155
USA (617) 621-0940